|Oaklawn Mile S. – Race 9, $150,000 Guaranteed|
|Oaklawn S. – Race 11, $200,000 Guaranteed|
For public health and safety reasons we have reached the difficult but unavoidable conclusion that Royal Ascot 2020 (Tuesday 16th – Saturday 20th June) will not be able to take place as an event open to the public. This will of course be a great disappointment for everyone planning to attend.
It may prove possible to run the Royal Ascot races behind closed doors, dependent on Government and public health policy and the approval of the BHA for us to re-start racing. This would be for the benefit of the industry, our valued partners and suppliers and our television audiences at home and internationally. Planning for this is now our complete focus and we will update on progress as and when we can.
Customers who have already paid for entry and hospitality at Royal Ascot will be refunded in full in the usual way as quickly as possible and we will start the process of communicating with them, initially by email, immediately. We thank everyone in advance for their patience and understanding in completing this substantial task given the challenging practical circumstances of the current national lockdown.
The pandemic will have a significant financial impact on our business in 2020, along with so many others. Nevertheless, Ascot racecourse will come through this crisis and we look forward to being able to welcome racegoers back when it is safe to do so.
Meanwhile, our thoughts are with all those grieving and suffering as a result of COVID-19. We offer heartfelt thanks to our wonderful NHS staff, key workers and volunteers for all their selfless dedication.
7th April 2020
Please note, we kindly ask that customers do not contact the racecourse. We will contact all bookers for both Royal Ascot and the May Racing Weekend with details of the refund process.
All of us at Fasig-Tipton hope that you are staying healthy and safe during this COVID-19 pandemic.
We know that many of you have questions about Fasig-Tipton’s 2020 selected yearling sales. Below, please find some information that we hope will be helpful:
- In order to create the best possible marketplace for the 2020 yearling sales, we believe it is imperative that the start of yearling sales season occur after the vast majority of two-year-old sales have been conducted.
- This could result in a modification to the originally announced Kentucky July Yearling sale dates. However, it would be premature to make such a determination at this time. We will carefully evaluate and monitor the health conditions throughout the United States in the next few weeks before making that decision. Should there be any changes in dates, formats, etc., they will be quickly communicated.
- Currently, it is not possible to conduct yearling inspections due to various stay-at-home orders and travel restrictions in place throughout the United States. As soon as it is safe and practical, we will resume the inspection process. We are fortunate to have the ability to utilize several qualified inspection teams for this process, and the vast majority of selected yearling sale candidates are concentrated in specific geographic areas.
- Please go ahead and nominate any yearlings that are under consideration for our selected yearling sales in Kentucky and New York – The July Sale, The Saratoga Sale, and New York Bred Yearlings Sale. There is no fee to nominate, and you are not obligated or committed to these sales by nominating. By nominating now, it will allow us to better plan and coordinate our efforts moving forward. Nomination forms are available on our website, or by following this link: Nomination Form. You may also nominate through our Consignor Portal if you have an account.
- Fasig-Tipton is a highly flexible and adaptable sales company. We will make needed adjustments, as conditions dictate, to properly serve the marketplace in 2020. This is an unprecedented situation for all of us, and it is important for our industry to work together to help each during these trying times.
As always, please feel free to contact any member of the Fasig-Tipton staff if we can be of service. We look forward to working with you throughout this process, and rest assured, we will be with you every step of the way.