There are improvements underway or being planned for the track and backstretch:
- The rail will be raised in places where it is now lower than optimum, starting at the 6 ½ furlong gate location. This is to be be done over a period of days after training and nothing will left be left on or beside the track to spook horses the next morning.
- Track consultant Steve Wood has been retained again this year to assist the track crew in making the track as good as it can possibly be.
- 14 sleeping rooms in Barn “M will be refurbished and get new doors and windows. Replacement of the light fixtures and the installation of new smoke detectors in those rooms is already underway.
- The Trackers roof has been redone and siding will be replaced. The canopy over the patio will be rebuilt.
- Repairs to the roof at Barn “K” are nearly complete and the contractor will expose the roof vents so the barns breath properly in the summer.
- The siding on the Race Office will be replaced starting this week.
- The backstretch asphalt has been inspected by multiple contractors and bids are being taken on repairing high traffic areas.
- The pest control company that was brought on at the end of last season has been retained again for this year.