A FRESH HORSE PROGRAM FOR HORSES THAT HAVE PREVIOUSLY STARTED ELSEWHERE IN 2019-2020
A guaranteed $2000 bonus for any horse’s first start at Hastings Racecourse whose previous start was made outside of British Columbia.
- Horses that raced or were stabled previously at Hastings Racecourse are not eligible.
- An additional $1000 Bonus after the horse’s second start (Same conditions as above).
- An additional $1000 after the horse’s third start (Same conditions as above) for a maximum value of $4,000 under this program.
- In addition, up to $1,000 will be paid to defray actual shipping charges for horses that are on the grounds with their papers in the office by May 1, 2020
- Stakes and allowance races are excluded from this program.
- All horses must have started for $4,000 or more in their last three starts to qualify. If a horse has not started three times, then all its lifetime starts must be for $4,000 or more.
- First-time starters and horses participating in the Yearling and Two and Three-Year-Old Purchase Programs do not qualify for the Fresh Horse Program
- Application must be made to the Horsemen’s Bookkeeper (Cristan Gossen) or the Racing Secretary (Nichelle Milner) upon arrival at Hastings Racecourse to establish eligibility.
- Application must be made by June 1, 2020.
- Applicants agree that the registration papers will remain in the Hastings Racecourse racing office for the entire 2020 season unless shipping elsewhere to participate in a stakes race. Repayment of funds received from this program will release the papers.
- Horses who are otherwise eligible for this program but do not meet the claiming price requirement are eligible to receive $1,000 upon their first start at Hastings in 2020. If an otherwise eligible horse (eligible except for meeting the claiming price requirement) is brought to Hastings by a BC resident and is 100% BC owned, that horse will be eligible to receive a further $1,000 for a total of $2,000 upon its first start at Hastings.
- Horses must arrive at Hastings Racecourse on or before June 1, 2020 and start by July 1, 2020 to be eligible.
- Horses that have made their previous start in Washington or Oregon are not eligible.