WEANLINGS OF 2019 PURCHASE PROGRAM
- To be eligible you must be a BC Resident.
- Buyers who purchase a 2019 weanling at auction from September 12, 2019 to March 31, 2020 outside of British Columbia will receive 50% of the purchase price up to a maximum of $7,500 Canadian dollars.
- Fillies will receive an additional $1,000 Canadian.
- For the purposes of this program, Canadian and US dollars are considered at par, e.g., $15,000 US will generate a payment of $7,500 Canadian.
- The monies will be payable upon the purchaser making application to the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (BC Division).
- Application must be made by June 1, 2020
- A letter of commitment to sell the horse in a yearling sale conducted by the CTHS (BC Div.),in 2020 or race it in British Columbia, must accompany the application.
- Purchasers receiving funds under this program agree that their horse’s papers will be retained by the Race office at Hastings Racecourse until the end of the 2021 racing season if they do not sell it.
- Repayment of funds received under this program will release the papers.
- This program only applies to purchases made at public auctions outside th province of British Columbia.
Please Note: Payment for any mare purchased in this program will be paid on or about February 2nd 2020