BROODMARE PURCHASE PROGRAM FOR 2019/20
- To be eligible you must be a BC Resident.
- For the purposes of this program, Canadian and US dollars are considered at par, e.g., $10,000 US will generate a payment of $5,000 Canadian.
- Buyers of a broodmare in foal at an auction outside of British Columbia from August 1st, 2019 through March 31st, 2020- are eligible to receive 50% of the purchase price up to a maximum of $10,000 Canadian for a purchase of $20,000 or more. As a further example, a broodmare in foal that is bought for $7,000 is eligible for a $3,500 Canadian incentive payment
- The monies will be payable upon the purchaser making application to the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (BC Division). A letter of commitment to foal the mare in British Columbia, sell the resulting foal in a sale conducted by the CTHS (BC Div.) in 2021-22, or race the resulting foal in British Columbia is required.
- Application must be made by June 1, 2020.
- This program only applies to purchases made at public auctions outside of the province of British Columbia. Mares purchased in Alberta and Washington are not eligible.
- Horses foaled in British Columbia are not eligible for this program.
Please: Payments for any Purchase in this program prior to February 2nd, 2020 will be paid on or about February 2nd. 2020