YEARLINGS OF 2019 PURCHASE PROGRAM
- To be eligible you must be a BC Resident.
- For the purposes of this program, Canadian and US dollars are considered at par, e.g., $15,000 US will generate a payment of $7,500 Canadian.
- Buyers who purchase a yearling at auction from September 11, 2019 to May 31, 2020 outside of British Columbia will receive 50% of the purchase price up to a maximum of $7,500 Canadian dollars.
Fillies will receive an additional $1,000 Canadian.
- The monies will be payable upon the purchaser making application to the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (BC Division). A letter of commitment to sell the horse in a sale conducted by the CTHS (BC Div.) or race it in British Columbia, must accompany the application.
- Application must be made by June 1, 2020.
- Purchasers receiving funds under this program agree that their horse’s papers will be retained by the Race Office at Hastings Racecourse until the end of the 2020 racing season if they do not sell it.
Repayment of funds received under this program will release the papers.
- This program only applies to purchases made at public auctions outside of the province of British Columbia. Alberta and Washington sales do not qualify.
- Horses foaled in British Columbia are not eligible for this program.
Please Note : Payment for any yearling purchased will be paid on or about February 2nd, 2020