WAIVER CLAIMING RACES
In House Rules
- All Claiming races from now until the end of the current Hastings Racing Season will offer Waiver Claiming.
- To Waiver Claim means to run protected without a claiming price.
- In order to be eligible to Waiver Claim a horse must have in their last start run in a claiming race or for a claiming price that is equal to or lower than the Claiming Race the horse is being entered in.
- In an 8,000 claiming race a horse that ran in an 8,000, 6,250, or 4,000 in their last start is eligible to Waiver Claim.
- In that same 8,000 claiming event a horse that ran in a 12,500 claiming race in their last start is not eligible to Waiver Claim.
- In a 6,250 claiming race, a horse that ran in an 8,000 claiming race but bought down weight and raced for a 6,000 tag is eligible to Waiver Claim.
- Going forward to the next race, after the Waiver Claim start, a horse is again permitted to Waiver Claim at the same level or above.
- A horse runs for 6,250 and Waiver Claims. That horse can run in the next 6,250 claiming race or for a higher level and continue to Waiver Claim.
- Horses that Waiver Claim and win are eligible to Waiver Claim in their next race at the same level or above.
- Waiver Claiming does not affect or change the conditions for a race in any way.
- The winner of a Maiden 4,000 claiming race who Waiver Claims is no longer a Maiden and obviously cannot run in a subsequent Maiden event, but that horse can Waiver Claim in any other 4,000 claiming event, for example, 4,000 NW 2 lifetime.
- To Waiver Claim is entirely optional. Otherwise, Waiver Claim eligible horses can still elect to run for the claiming price.
- In order to buy down weight the horse must run for the applicable claiming price and cannot Waiver Claim.
- In a 4,000 claiming race a horse that is otherwise eligible to Waiver Claim can elect instead to take off 3 lbs and run for the claiming price at 3,500 or take off 6 pounds and run for the claiming price of 3,000.
- Horses that were claimed in their previous start cannot Waiver Claim and must run for the claiming price. After establishing eligibility by racing for a claiming price, that horse may Waiver Claim.
All horses who waiver claim in their last start at Hasting are eligible to Waiver Claim in their first start at Hastings in 2019 at the same level or above the level at which they made their last start provided the horse has not started in the 90 days immediately preceding the first 2019 start.
All horses who Waiver Claim in their last start this year at Hastings in a claiming race of 6,250 or less are eligible for the wintering incentive program, (Net $4,000 value) provided they meet the other conditions of the program and do not start anywhere between their last Hastings start in 2018 and their first Hastings Start in 2019.